Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life/Tech

I sometimes wonder where technology ends and life starts. But this is a question that you could ask some time ago. I don't think that we still have a line between technology and our daily life. Maybe we have but it moves constantly and there is less and less of anything that has no connections or interactions with technology.

I am trying to lose some weight so I went on the android market and searched for some software that helps me do that (as if any software could do that.. yes, I know). I found there some pretty neat applications: one that graphs your weight over time (Weigh Weight LITE  ). Another one that uses the phone's gps, google maps and your selection of the activity to draw your track, compute the consumed calories and of course upload these on the web. Maybe even on facebook, so you can share these statistics and results with your friends. The second application is called  runtastic  This application can also do geotagging using the photos you make while working out. Of course I also found a WI-FI body scale that also uploads infos on the web. And of course this could go on and on.

 I have the feeling that the thing we call web is spreading very fast and it takes control of everything we do. And it's quite difficult to keep your perpective in the process. Ah.. I forgot to mention about the fridge which has a linux OS. This first came as a joke here but who can tell where the joke ends and reality will take place? 

My point was to show how our life is getting more and more connected each day. There will be a day when we will see facebook as a necessity. History and evolution is very interesting. I can only wonder when I remember that I first used ms dos and now I am in the middle of all this tech frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment